The purpose of the Granite State Christian Schools Association is to promote Christian Education by providing organization and leadership to foster communication and cooperation among Christian schools in NH and beyond. The association seeks to serve the cause of Christ by strengtheningChristian Schools. In doing so, we desire to support individual believers, families, and local churches.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His resurrection from the dead, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the sinfulness of human nature; and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God's grace and through faith are we saved.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto eternal life, and they that are lost unto eternal damnation. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
Membership is open to all Christian schools in NH, ME, VT and MA who subscribe to ourStatement of Faith and pay annual dues.
STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING
It is understood that the association does notintend to present a forum to allow membersto promote certain doctrinal distinctive aboutwhich there may be an honest difference ofopinion among believers. We desire topromote the common interests of members,schools, and to cooperate in helping improve Christian education in NH and beyond.
The Granite State Christian Schools Association grew out of in-service training seminars sponsored by the Concord Christian Schools and the Epsom Learning Center. As the teachers and administrators of various Christian schools got better acquainted and shared ideas, the need for such an association became apparent. Election of the officers and formal organization of the Granite State Christian School Association was accomplished in September, 1986. Since the inception in the mid-80's, a core function of the association has been hosting the GSCSA Educators Conference. We bring in educational and worldview specialists to challenge our students, faculty, board members and leadership teams. A long standing tradition associated with the Conference is the Awards Banquet when we honor the region's best Christian educators and leaders. Keynote presenters in recent years have been Sean McDowell, Ellen Lowrie Black, Jeff Myers, Penny Clawson, Axis Group, Jennifer Strickland and Pam Brady.